Koreas to hold military talks on restoring communication lines
SEOUL, June 23 (Yonhap) -- South and North Korea will hold working-level military talks next week on fully reconnecting bilateral communication lines, Seoul's defense ministry said Saturday.
The meeting will open at the Customs, Immigration, and Quarantine (CIQ) office in Paju, just south of the inter-Korean border, at 10 a.m. on Monday to follow up on an agreement at their general-grade negotiations last week.
The South plans to send a delegation led by Army Col. Cho Yong-geun to the talks, and his counterpart will be Col. Om Chang-nam, according to the ministry. The South's team will include technical experts.
"At the working-level contact, the two sides will discuss working procedures to completely restore the East Sea and Yellow Sea district military communication lines," a ministry official said.
It would be the first colonel-level talks between the two Koreas since February 2011.
Source: Yonhap News Agency